After we reworked my parents’ bathroom, they requested that we put in some seize bars within the bathe once we redid it. So we’re sharing the way to set up bathe seize bars – and it’s a brilliant straightforward DIY.
I ordered these grab bars for the bathe (a 9-inch and 24-inch). We went with brushed nickel fixtures within the lavatory, I wished the seize bars to match. I additionally seemed for ones that had a bit of little bit of design element that match with the lavatory model – bathe seize bars don’t must be an eyesore!
Simply to notice, our tile partitions have wooden behind them the place the seize bars go, we made positive to place that in since we knew we’d be placing within the seize bars, so the steps are for that kind of set up. In case your partitions don’t have wooden behind them, you will want to make use of anchors, and our steps don’t embody that course of.
The place to Set up Bathe Seize Bars
One of the simplest ways to determine the place to position your bathe seize bars is to step out and in of your bathe and see what feels snug in your attain. We positioned a smaller seize bar vertically by the bathe door, the place you’d step out and in. We positioned a bigger seize bar horizontally on the facet wall. The peak must be a cushty attain for the primary folks utilizing that bathe.
Watch the video for the tutorial on set up or see the steps beneath:
- The seize bars ought to include a template to make use of. Drill holes via the template the place your screws will go so you’ll be able to mark the tile wall.
- Structure the template the place the seize bar will go on the wall.
- Mark all the holes. We discovered it best to make use of a marker for this so we might truly see the marks.
- Subsequent, we pre-drilled the holes with a small masonry bit.
- Then we drilled the holes with a bigger masonry bit, which is able to enable the screw to undergo.
- Use an allen wrench to take away the mounting base from the bar.
- Apply silicone to the again of the mounting base.
- Screw the bottom to the tile.
- Repeat with the underside base.
- Place the bar on the bottom and use the allen wrench to connect it.
You may see the whole lavatory transform here.